Are you considering going to a psychic medium for guidance? Are you curious about the rules or what kind of questions to ask? Have no fear! In this post we’ll discuss the different facets of psychic medium sessions, what to expect, and more! Let’s dive in.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT KINDS OF PSYCHIC READINGS?
There are two categories of readings: private and public. A private reading is only you or you and a small group of people you know. A public reading – also known as a ‘public gallery’ – is an event attended by an audience that doesn’t know one another.
In terms of private readings, the type you receive ties directly into the gift(s) your chosen reader possesses and the tools they choose to use. Examples of this include:
- Aura Readings
- Clairvoyant Readings
- Patron Animal Readings
- Crystal Ball Readings
- Palmistry Readings
- Astrological Readings
- Tarot Readings
- Telepathic Readings
- Tea Leaf Readings
Please note that not all psychics choose or need to use tools for their readings. Everyone is different. If you’re looking for a specific type of reading, make sure that your chosen reader actually specializes in that form.
HOW DO I FIND A REPUTABLE PSYCHIC?
This is an incredibly common question asked by those seeking to have a reading. After all, the last thing you want is to get duped by a non-psychic person. So just how do you find a reputable reader?
- Just like you would read through reviews before buying a shower head or duvet cover online, the same applies when seeking out a psychic. What is known as “social proof” in the marketing world, sometimes the only thing we have to go off is the word of other consumers.
“Social proof in a marketing context is evidence that other people have purchased and found value in a product or service offered by a business. … On the web, social proof can take many forms including customer testimonials and product reviews, customer lists and quantifiable data (“Over 50,000 downloads!”).”
- Another avenue for finding an authentic psychic medium is to verify credentials through watchdog organizations, fact-checking operations, and even companies like the Better Business Bureau.
- The tried and true word-of-mouth method has been around forever because it works. Ask anyone who you feel comfortable with knowing that you’re looking for a psychic reading. Get as much information about the experience as you can.
- The following are claims that a true psychic will NEVER make:
- True love arrangements; no practitioner holds power over free will
- Seeking to contact the deceased; no one on our plane of existence can summon the dead and expect them to come at their beck and call
- A 100% guarantee of accuracy; no ethical reader can guarantee the future and what it holds
If anyone claims the above, run. These are great statements to gauge the validity of the reader’s claims as they are straightforward and don’t leave much up for debate.
- Aim to get them on the phone first as a way to eek out any phonies. By screening possible candidates you will visit for your reading, you can ask them directly for referrals (caution: they could be friends or family of the potential reader). You could also ask they answer a question on the spot, over the phone. If their answer is not up to snuff, nothing is forcing you to book with them. With this method you must also be wary of them asking a large amount of questions and responding vaguely to your queries. They may give off the impression of a peaceful demeanor and a seasoned hand at reading, but they could just be milking you for answers to provide you the proof that you seek.
OTHER TIPS WHEN BOOKING A READING
- Wait to book a reading if you are emotionally upset. You want to be able to discern between what you’re feeling with what is really happening in the session.
- Don’t underestimate the power of perception. Some people are able to garner a whole lot about the way someone carries themselves, facial expressions, and how they dress. Don’t confuse an interpretation of your physical looks with an actual valid psychic reading.
- A quick search on Google for the person’s presence on social media can give you real insight into how they run their business.
- Bring along a friend so that you have someone to gauge the experience with after it’s over.
- If something doesn’t sit well or feel right to you, remember that you do not have to take the reading at face value. Take what resonates, leave what doesn’t.
- Only purchase additional items (candles, amulets, etc.) if you feel called to do so.
- Compare prices of the type of reading you are seeking. If it seems really high, it most likely is.
- Allow the reader room to work their gift. If you’re a nervous talker, try to be aware of that when you go for your reading.
- If you do have the unfortunate experience of being swindled by a non-psychic, report them to the Better Business Bureau and leave reviews wherever you can in order to help others avoid the same situation.
- Psychic readings are not substitutes for medical conditions. Seek help from a professionals.
WHAT KINDS OF QUESTIONS SHOULD I ASK?
Most people are spurred into seeking a reading when something has happened in their life – or everything seems to have come to a standstill. Either way, the following questions will give you and idea of how to phrase your questions.
- Do you see anything that will help me on my path?
- Am I on the right path?
- Are there going to be any advances in my career?
- Will my love life get a boost?
- What about any big changes in my future?
It is important to note that a reader can perceive what’s going on at the time of your booking – but nothing is set in stone. Humans are blessed with free will and as such, each and every one of us possess the ability to reconsider things. Especially if your question(s) involve other people, your resulted reading will be based off of what’s being read at that time.
WHO GUIDES THE SESSION?
The rule of thumb here is to allow the psychic to guide the reading. As aforementioned, you could be super excited or naturally a nervous talker which could overwhelm the psychic. Give them room to do the work and take the reigns and do not flood them with unnecessary information.
Be prepared for the session and conversation to go differently than you imagined. Part of the psychic’s job is to follow their intuition and in turn lead the reading where it needs to go. More likely than not, your reader will explain any insights they receive as your session gets underway. In those moments your only job is to verify facts and truth.
If at any time during the session you need something clarified, then by all means speak up and ask for it. If they reveal something to you without much detail, ask for it. After all, you are the paying client here.
CAN I POST MY READING ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
This one is totally up to your chosen psychic. Some will completely agree while others will have stipulations or not allow it at all. I recommend being completely forthright with them and not go behind their back.
Be specific about what you want to post – pictures of the space where the reading is being held, what was said, forms you had to sign, etc. – run everything by the reader. If they are uncomfortable with it, be mindful that not everyone participates in social media and be respectful of their wishes.
As always I hope that these posts help you in some way or another. I 100% believe in psychic powers. I also know that there are people out there who exploit those seeking help by pretending to possess these gifts. It’s important to do your due diligence and find a reputable psychic that can really help you. Have you had a psychic session before? Let me know in the comments!