After receiving some feedback on my What Are The Four Elements In Magick? post, I got the message loud and clear: HOW do I balance MY elemental energy? That’s exactly what we’re going to cover in this post. If you haven’t read the post in question, I highly recommend that you do to give you some frame of reference. Let’s go!
DIAGNOSING AN ELEMENTAL IMBALANCE
The first place to start when trying to balance your elemental energy is to figure out what imbalances you’re carrying within. This can be one element out of whack or a combination of all four. This process takes some introspection to analyze yourself and your habits.
To begin, grab a sheet of paper and answer the following questions:
- Do I have a hard time getting things done?
- Am I able to complete tasks by myself?
- Do I feel connected to others?
- Am I able to pinpoint how I’m feeling at any given time?
- Do I have a hard time standing up for myself?
- Am I able to trust my intuition?
- Do I have a hard time communicating effectively?
- Am I able to think clearly?
After completion, compare your answers below:
If you answered ‘Yes’ to questions 1 & 2, you’re lacking Earth.
If you answered ‘Yes’ to questions 3 & 4, you’re lacking Water.
If you answered ‘Yes’ to questions 5 & 6, you’re lacking Fire.
If you answered ‘Yes’ to questions 7 & 8, you’re lacking Air.
FOSTERING MISSING ELEMENTS
Now that you have discovered the element or elements you are lacking in, let’s explore some activites meant for balancing them out. These practices focus on that specific element’s gifts that when honed within you, feeds off of the other elements to create the balance we are all seeking. When this balance comes to fruition, it allows the fifth element – spirit, being, essence, ether, wood, etc. – to thrive.
METHODS FOR BALANCING YOUR EARTH
- Grounding Activities
- Working with Crystals
- Listening to Your Physical Body’s Needs
- Getting Proper Nutrition
METHODS FOR BALANCING YOUR WATER
- Expressing Your Feelings
- Read Stories/Watch Movies that Stimulate Emotional Responses
- Genuinely Asking Others How They Are Feeling and Listening to Them
- Forgiving Yourself for Past Mistakes
- Going Off Script and Being Spontaneous
METHODS FOR BALANCING YOUR FIRE
- Starting a Dream Journal
- Do Things that Excite You
- Do Things that Scare You
- Say “Yes!”
METHODS FOR BALANCING YOUR AIR
- Start Studying a New Subject
- Playing Games
- Doing Puzzles
- Learning a New Language
- Researching Things of Interest to You
- Setting Goals
- Planning for the Future with Specific Goals and Steps to Achieve Them
With time and a concerted effort, you will start to see shifts within your life when you start working towards balancing your elemental energies. Another benefit is being able to see in others where they are lacking, giving you an added layer to understanding the people around you. Bright Blessings, Witches and Happy Casting!