Welcome back Witches to another installment in our Zodiac Self-Care Series! Next on the docket we have the second born sign: Taurus. These posts are meant to give some ideas for the best self-care techniques and methods according to one’s Sun or rising sign. And remember – take what resonates and leave behind what doesn’t.
A LITTLE BACKGROUND
Born between April 21 and May 21, the star sign of Taurus is generally misunderstood. With stereotypes like stubborn and lazy, Bulls tend to get a bad rap. But what is misconstrued as lazy comes from the tendency to take their time with contemplation. When thinking about well, everything, Taureans dissect both people and situations to find out what makes them tick.
The term bullheaded is appropriately applied to Taureans as the sign’s representative is a Bull. Relative the the stubborn stereotype, Bulls often come across as such because after taking the time to think things through, they don’t sway on the conclusions they have arrived at.
TYPICAL TRAITS OF THE TAURUS SIGN
When Taurus folks set out to do something, they have patience and perserverance at their beck and call. That’s why you would be wise to seek out a Bull if you want something done! However, if it needs to be on time, you could be kept waiting.
Luxe living takes precedence over many other things for Taureans. The lyric “We are living in a material world, and I am a material girl” was written for the Bulls. They want the best that life has to offer, whether that be homes, cars, money, food, drinks, sex – that which appeals to the senses appeals to the Taurus Sun and rising signs. They only want the absolute best.
Bulls gravitate to the following activities:
- Financial investment
- Courting and flirting
- Consuming food and drink
SELF-CARE ACTIVITIES FOR TAURUS
- While it may seem taxing and uncomfortable for some, learning all about money management actually does wonders for the Taurean soul. As money is the ticket to enjoying all the material fineries that life has to offer, understanding it at the root level is pertinent to fully immersing oneself in experience – without the worry of financing the good time. Read some money-focused blogs and books, seek out a financial advisor, or even join an online forum to chat it up with like-minded folks.
- Open up those dating apps or go out for a singles mixer! Self-care for the Taurean involves letting down your hair and flirting to your heart’s content. Go shopping for the event, pamper yourself with a blowout, take your time getting ready, and really make a night of it. Soak up that spotlight and nourish yourself the best way that you know how.
- Another self-care act meant explicitly for the Bull is hosting a dinner party. Take your time with planning – as you’re apt to do – and then relish in the details as you shop for your soirée. Feed your soul as you fill your belly with the sumptuous courses served alongside the curated drink menu. And as you are the host, being the center of attention is an added bonus!
- After the self-care act of educating yourself on how to make your money work for you, follow it up by treating yourself to a shopping spree. Retail therapy is an actual form of therapy – and one made for the Bull. Buy that dress, invest in that espresso machine, indulge in that perfume that takes you back to your childhood summers at the family lake house, etc. etc.
- Finally, when all is said and done, it’s time to do what Taureans seem to have invented: relax to the max. This could be a long nap on those expensive Egyptian cotton sheets, luxuriating on your velour sofa while binge watching the latest season of Euphoria, or relishing in delicacies from that French bakery that makes those divine macarons. The world is your oyster. Enjoy it.
To all of my Taurus Sun and rising Witches, I hope you found a little inspiration for your self-care. Remember that self-care comes in many shapes and sizes and what works for one sign won’t do anything for another. Bright Blessings!