Hi, hi, hi fellow Witches! Here we are with another post in our Zodiac Self-Care Series. We’re talking all about those lovable Crabs of the Sky: Cancer! These posts are meant to give some ideas for the best self-care techniques and methods according to one’s Sun or rising sign. And remember to always take what resonates and leave what doesn’t. Let’s go!
A LITTLE BACKGROUND
Born between June 21 and July 22, the star sign of Cancer is a mix of charisma and moodiness. A water sign who is ruled by the Moon, Crabs can be a bit dramatic with a flair for passion and creativity. As our emotions rise and fall with the different moon phases, those born under the Cancer sign can experience this phenomena on a heightened level.
The Moon can be thought of as Cancer’s parent, bestowing Crabs with gifts of empathic abilities, sensitivity and emotional capacity while being especially gentle and nurturing. As a result of this, Cancers have the ability to command complete devotion and absolute attention and be able to reciprocate it tenfold.
Cancers are the ride or die sign who always there in a pinch and have the ability to just “get” you. A Crab ultimately expects their devotion to be fully returned back to them. They will put in the effort to gain the interest of other people, as well as sympathy and attention. These dramatics can be quite the turnoff though.
TYPICAL TRAITS OF A CANCER
Those who have Cancer as their Sun or rising sign typically carry an intense intuitive ability. They can tune into what you’re thinking and can also sense what you’ve already done. Lying, manipulating, or trying to pull one over on a Cancer is ill-advised as they have this seemingly supernatural intuition.
With this special intuitive ability comes the potential to be overly sensitive. With the Moon influencing a Cancer’s mood, the stereotypical bipolar connotation of a Crab is not unfounded. They can go from one extreme to another – think laughing to crying – within moments. It’s the standard experience for a Crab.
While Cancers do have the tendency to be emotional creatures, they are also extremely loyal. They can turn a blind eye to most things when it comes to the people they love. And once they devote themselves to you, that’s it. With this loyalty comes the expectation of it being returned in full. And space or privacy? They don’t know her.
Crabs have a natural charm that can sometimes be construed as manipulation. They will go to great lengths to make sure they receive what they believe they ultimately deserve, i.e. attention, sympathy, support, encouragement, etc. And while this may feel cunning or malicious, that’s not how they perceive themselves or their acts to be.
-Being on trend
-Being a secret-keeper
SELF-CARE ACTIVITIES FOR CANCERS
- Sun and rising Crabs enjoy beauty in all shapes and forms. With Cancers being natural creatives, they enjoy looking at current trends and employing imaginative ways to apply them to their world. Their appearance, home, car, office space, etc. all have room for improvement and doing so is an excellent act of self-care.
- Appropriate for the sign named after a crab, taking baths for the Cancer is second-nature. Naturally attracted to self-care activities that align with personal upkeep, Crabs indulge in soaking not just to clean themselves, but to let go of everything troublesome. A good bath does wonders for a Cancer and is highly recommended when life seems to be spiraling out of control.
- Relationships are super important to Cancers. And not your fly-by-night, casual encounters. We’re talking deep and intense friendships. As such, being a trusted secret-keeper is a badge of honor to the Crabs of the zodiac. While it can seem the opposite of self-care to offer a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen, being this kind of friend is indulgent to the Crab. Secrets are like honey to the bee and being in the know nourishes a Cancer’s soul.
- Crabs are natural nurturers and with cooking being an act of love, it can be applied to self-care, too. This can look like preparing a meal for yourself, right before or after a bath. Or, you could compile a picnic basket to share with others, indulging in feelings of comradery as you develop those relationships.
- Flirting is instinctual for Cancers. Congenial, charming, intelligent, hilarious – all of these traits and more lends to the Crab’s natural allure. The act of flirting has the ability to fuel a Cancer’s need for attention. In this sense, flirting is a great act of self-care for the Sun or rising Cancer sign.
To all of my Cancer Sun and rising Witches, I hope you found a little inspiration for your self-care. Remember that self-care comes in many shapes and sizes and what works for one sign won’t do anything for another. Bright Blessings!
You must log in to post a comment.