Welcome Witches and Witchlets to another installment in our Zodiac Self-Care Series! Today is dedicated to those Scales of the sky: Libra! These posts are meant to give some ideas for the best self-care techniques and methods according to one’s Sun or rising sign. And remember to always take what resonates and leave what doesn’t.
A LITTLE BACKGROUND
Born between September 23rd and October 22nd, Librans are the charming, ever-pleasing diplomats of the Zodiac. Libras are capable of shape-shifting their way into any situation in any place at any time with anyone. They make mingling and socializing a sport, sliding into different cliques with ease.
Represented by scales, thinking and analyzing are their forte. Balancing out different possibilities and dissecting issues to come to the fairest solution is a Libran’s wheelhouse. Mental stimulation is a requirement or else they’ll get bored.
As Libras relish in using their brain power in any situation, it can lead to procrastination as making a decision is harder for them than the other signs. They HAVE to weigh out all options and take all points of view into consideration before finally coming to a conclusion. As such, any kind of chaos or conflict rubs a Libran the wrong way.
TYPICAL TRAITS OF A LIBRA
When they were assigning representatives for each sign, they were absolutely correct in choosing the scales to represent Libras. These justice champions adore fairness and upholding the law. Getting down to the nitty gritty and analyzing every single part of every situation in order to organize things into piles of ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ give Librans pure joy. However, they are known to be biased as they see themselves as being absolutely right. This lends to an air of entitlement Libras always seem to have.
While this entitlement plagues Libras, it doesn’t always come into play. This is especially true when they find themselves in the role of peacemaker – which they often assign themselves. When lending an ear to each party, they’ll sacrifice their own opinions and viewpoints in order to come to a solution.
A side effect of keeping the peace and listening to everyone’s griping is gossip. While offering the services of a diplomat, they also have a penchant for dishing out any info they receive to wanting ears. Their love of being the center of attention doesn’t help this uncontrollable urge either.
Another characteristic trait of the scale sign is being indecisive. This plays into what was said earlier about a Libra’s tendency to procrastinate thanks to overanalyzing everything little thing. Fully committing to something is extremely hard for Librans, no matter how big or small the issue. The belief that through logical thinking they can curate perfect experiences is faulty and in turn creates frustration more often than not.
- Being co-dependent
- Playing mediator
SELF-CARE ACTIVITIES FOR LIBRAS
- For most of us who aren’t Libras, giving our minds a rest would be numero uno on this list. But for Librans, indulging in overanalyzing and overthinking is comforting, if not necessary to maintaining some semblance of order. They may even wish to purchase some really good puzzle books or join a gaming league to put their natural instincts to constructive use.
- Libras work best in pairs, especially in romantic partnerships. Doing things alone can be tortuous to this scale sign. Having another by their side – ideally one that they love who returns their affection – is almost a prerequisite to having a good time. Loving to love and be loved is a sport in and of itself in the eyes of Librans.
- Arguably the sign that has the BEST taste of all the Zodiac, shopping taps into a Libra’s happiness center. Whatever they have their eye on – be it clothes, makeup, furniture, tech – a Libra loves to shop for it. And once they have it, they’ll use any excuse to show it off.
- Being the center of attention AND helping to settle discrepancies between people is heaven to Librans. Not only do they get to work their brain into overdrive, they get all the tea causing the rifts and tangles. Being nosy and helpful all at the same time? Yes, please says the Libra!
- A Libra’s surroundings MUST align with that impeccable taste of theirs. The process of cleaning and decorating their abode feeds the soul of a Libran. Through matching the outer world to what they see inside of those high-standard brains of theirs, the scale signs satisfy a deeply held need for all things in their life to be tasteful and full of beauty.
To all of my Libra Sun and rising Witches, I hope you found a little inspiration for your self-care. Remember that self-care comes in many shapes and sizes and what works for one sign won’t do anything for another. Bright Blessings!
You must log in to post a comment.