Bright Blessings, Witches! We’re back with another installment in our Zodiac Self-Care Series. Today’s sign is the Sea Goats of the sky: Capricorn! I myself am a Cap Moon and Cap rising with three other Capricorn placements in my chart, FYI. Anyhow, these posts are meant to give some ideas for the best self-care techniques and methods according to one’s Sun or rising sign. And remember – take what resonates and leave behind what doesn’t.
A LITTLE BACKGROUND
Born between December 22nd and January 20th, these Earth signs are the hardworking ambitious folks of the Zodiac. Sea Goats are very practical and come off a bit stoic, but their aim is not to please others so much as it is to get ahead in life. When and where other signs tend to give up, Caps will keep going and going and going.
It is their determination that drives them – not being the social butterfly or partier of the Zodiac. They’d rather keep company in small groups made up of loyal companions to whom they are just as loyal to. Caps make for fierce friends, partners, and collaborators. Alongside these characteristics, Capricorns love to live well and build a life of luxury.
While Sea Goats may come off as shrewd or discriminating, at the end of the day they know what they want, are incredibly self-aware, and they understand the feelings, opinions, and concerns of others. These traits are invaluable and can be tough to find in people.
TYPICAL TRAITS OF THE CAPRICORN SIGN
Capricorns have the reputation of being workaholics – and rightfully so. The standards they set for others are high, but even higher for themselves. Determined to prove themselves, Caps go to great lengths in order to do so. This also falls in line with being status-obsessed. This obsession paired with the relentless pursuit of perfection can draw out the harsh side of a Sea Goat and further perpetuate Capricorn stereotypes.
Surprisingly enough, another Cap trait is sensitivity. One would think that being so gung-ho and determined that the opinions of others wouldn’t bother them. However, Sea Goats can be a bit touchy when it comes to being mocked, made fun of, or undermined. Perhaps this is due to their wanting to be liked and thought well of. After all, status is of utmost importance!
Pessimistic and practical, Capricorns really do get the short end of the stick when it comes to living footloose and fancy-free. These Earth signs are so connected to their own element that sometimes the reality of situations can weigh heavy on a Sea Goat’s heart. This isn’t all bad though! We all need a dose of reality to keep things balanced and your Cap friend will be sure to give it to you!
-Managing their money
-DIY til the day they die
-Indulging in instant gratification
SELF-CARE ACTIVITIES FOR CAPRICORN
- Let’s get down to brass tacks: Caps LOVE money! After all, in the material world in which we live, money is how we measure success. And success – as we now know – is what a Sea Goat is after. This status-driven sign relishes in what others dread: money management. An ideal self-care activity for a Cap is balancing that checkbook, investing in stocks, tracking capital gains, etc.
- For a Capricorn, sitting down with a nonfiction instructional book feeds their knowledge-craving soul. This self-care activity looks like pursuing or sharpening skills in order to be the absolute best. No time for fiction!
- Puzzles may seem too ‘fun’ for a Cap, but in the sense that Sea Goats love a good challenge it makes sense. This can look like a visit to an escape room, difficult board game, a solo jigsaw puzzle, or other activity that requires their whole involvement to solve. Bonus points if done in front of other people so a Cap can show off how brilliant they are.
- A Capricorn builds their environment to suit their style as well as their needs. Part of this is putting themselves into the improvements. While their bank account can easily pay someone else to do the dirty work, they would much rather tackle that remodel themselves. Think of it like building their nest.
- This one is an intersting self-care for a Cap because it seems rather counterintuitive. Indulging in things that bring instant gratification is almost like a relief to the steadfast, hardworking Sea Goat. You see, inside of every Cap is an inner child that craves ALL of the things right here and right now. When a Capricorn loosens their grip just a smidge and gets ahold of the thing they want without putting in the extra effort, it lends a bit of balance to all of their hard work.
To all of my fellow Capricorn Sun and rising Witches, I hope you found a little inspiration for your self-care. Remember that self-care comes in many shapes and sizes and what works for one sign won’t do anything for another. Bright Blessings!