Hi, hi, hi, Witches! We are back with our final installment in our Zodiac Self-Care Series. Today’s sign is the Fishes of the sky: Pisces! These posts are meant to give some ideas for the best self-care techniques and methods according to one’s Sun or rising sign. And remember – take what resonates and leave behind what doesn’t.
A LITTLE BACKGROUND
Born between February 20th and March 20th, Pisces is ruled by both Neptune and Jupiter. Neptune, the psychic planet of esoteric mystery, and Jupiter, the expansive planet of abundance, both contribute to the Piscean personality. This results in secretive tendencies and old soul philosophy coming from our celestial fish friends.
The symbol of Pisces is made up of two fishes, each facing in opposite directions. Not only is this to represent the Pisces constellation, but the duality of Piscean nature. It’s pretty typical for a Pisces to feel pulled in two different directions. One part wishes to achieve and strives for success, while the other shies away from dealing with, well, anything really.
It can be really difficult for Pisceans. The water signs of the Zodiac are naturally sensitive. Along with this sensitivity comes the territory of taking EVERYTHING to heart, whether they want to or not.
TYPICAL TRAITS OF THE PISCES SIGN
Our fish friends are pretty in love with being in love. Looking through those rose-colored glasses – especially at the beginning of a new relationship – is like catnip to a curious kitten. And it’s not just the emotion of love Pisces are into; they are a cavernous well of the vast spectrum of human feelings.
Taking a look at Neptune and its influence on Pisces, the Fish can easily duck and dodge anything thrown their way. And with special interests in the metaphysical and occult, Pisces are natural mystics. Add in the fact that their very nature and position in the Zodiac blesses them with ALL of the signs’ traits, our Fish friends are some of the most dynamic out there.
Another facet to Pisces is their natural attraction to the arts. Thanks to a combination of their innate creative edge, larger-than-life imaginations, and inborn empathy, Fish can find easy emotional outlets through things like songwriting, acting, painting, etc. An additional type of outlet for a Pisces can be found through the act of seeking pleasure. What this pleasure looks like varies from Fish to Fish, however.
- Water-focused adventures
- Exploring mysticism
- Dancing the night away
- Getting in their feels
SELF-CARE ACTIVITIES FOR PISCES
- Perhaps it’s connecting back to those source waters for a Pisces. Maybe the adage, “Like a fish out of water” really was written about our Fish friends. Either way, Pisceans LOVE anything with water at its center. This can be taking a swim, getting on a boat, body surfing, walks along the beach, fishing in a river, etc. Get ’em in the water and you’ve got a happy Pisces!
- If you spot your Pisces friend flashing out Tarot cards for an impromptu read, tossing out Runes to see how the day will go, cleansing their space with incense, reading magickal tomes – anything that dabbles in the mysterious arts – have faith that they’re getting the self-care they deserve.
- Which planet rules dance? Why Neptune, of course! Pisceans make natural dancers and as such, shaking it out on the dance floor floods their wellness centers past the brim. In fact, it’s not uncommon for Pisces to become a professional dancers. If you’re a friend of a Fish who might be a little down, thrown on some tunes and boogie down.
- Journaling is a FANTASTIC way to do a little self-care for Pisces. Being so in-tune with their emotions and letting loose on the page can release all of those opinions and observations they may otherwise keep to themselves. And we all know that keeping things locked up inside of us doesn’t do anyone any favors.
- Crying doesn’t have to be the tragic activity that it is painted to be. In fact, shedding some tears can really offer some catharsis – especially when done after a really stressful week. Slipping into some comfy pajamas, ordering a pizza, and letting those tears wash away anything keeping them down can be just what the doctor ordered.
To all of my Pisces Sun and rising Witches, I hope you found a little inspiration for your self-care. Remember that self-care comes in many shapes and sizes and what works for one sign won’t do anything for another.
And thank you for joining me in this series. Bright Blessings and Happy Crafting!